Saturday 10 September 2011

DIY-2 : MOBILE LAPTOP TABLE

This gadget is for those who like to play with their laptop while sitting in the hall sofa. Yup, this is multitasking;  watching TV, chatting with family and busy with internet or work - all at the same spot and simultaneously.

Most of the components and parts are salvaged from my house workshop/store. Parts list : [1] 4 pcs "L" aircond compressor wall brackets, [2] 4 pcs light-duty nylon castors, [3] a piece of 1/2" thick plywood, [4] a length of lightweight aluminium "U" profile, handtools, screws and fasterners.

The finished table:-



Side View showing the "C" frame.
Fixed [not swivel] castors.


The table is designed with a "C" frame, with the top supporting the plywood table top and the bottom to fix the castors and centre support/connecting bar [see pic-2 above].

The bottom "legs" will go underneath the sofa set and the table can be pushed in or out to suite the sitting position of the user.

Wheeled base goes under the chair.




Sitting position [in and out] can be adjusted.


If not in use, the table [table top dimension 24" x 15"] is moved to the cabinet beside the sofa seat.



This is just my attempt at DIY using whatever knowledge and materials that I can get. I am sure there are better ways to make it or improve it. So DIY guys/gals, please comment and share so that we learn together.


8 comments:

tt326c said...

impressive, compact n beautiful!

a2zee said...

Thanks bro. Give me the dimensions of the stainless steel mesh and I will make a c.k.d [portable] BBQ stove for you.

a2zee said...

Looks like I have to make another table. My sister saw it in my house today and immediately "ordered" one. In exchange, she will give me her 2-year-old Panasonic LCD TV. Good deal la [for me...hehehe!!!]

Goodfoodgreatfun said...

beautiful!. ingenious !. makes me go green, LOL.

a2zee said...

Thanks woody-san for visiting. It looks nice in the foto but close up it is quite rough with some exposed screws. But it is extremely user-friendly and my daughter loves it [and this is good enough for me].

I have some steel materials and want to make a c.k.d BBQ stand for tt326. Still waiting for him to inform me the dimensions of the stainless steel grill. He must be very busy now after a hectiv Hari Raya week.

LionGirl said...

This is something I have been looking for! It's over RM100 to buy. Guess you DIY really safe a lot! Haizzz, if only I know DIY too.....

a2zee said...

Hi LG, you want me to make one for you? It will not be nicely finished like the furniture you buy, but is practical for use. The components and parts [which I do not have] will not cost more than RM50. I will use whatever I have to save cost.

Cheers!

LionGirl said...

Honestly bro, I do not mind having one DIY by you. Your workmanship is great as long as sound does not matter! Ahahaha! No urgency! Thanks in advance! Cheers!!!